Saturday, December 20, 2008

Traveling Buddies!!

I have done a little traveling in my life. Not as much as I would like too... but a little. I have yet to get a stamp in my passport... but I do have a passport... so I have no doubt that I will get to that someday. Anyways, on my major trips I have had a traveling buddy. Here is a very short picture recap of my three traveling buddies.

Oahu, Hawaii: 1996
Denae M. - (who will probably kill me for posting these photos!!)

Here we are on our way!!
Lets keep in mind here that I am 17 and Denae is 15 in these photos. This is back when I was thin and tan. Ha!! We went to Hawaii to visit Denae's sister for like two weeks. We did all sorts of touristy stuff. If I'm not mistaken this was taken on Waikiki Beach at sunset right after we had dinner. Check out my hot socks & shoes and our tucked in shirts. Cute!!

We also climbed Diamond Head, went snorkeling here and there and places I don't remember the names too... Ask Denae. Hahaha. And I think here we were on our way down to snorkel. I believe this is Hunauma Bay.

We also met the locals at the Polynesian Cultural Center. Very cool dinner show!! I remember eating the ice cream out of the coconut. I also had my first papaya, Sushimi and Mongolian food on this trip. I would remember the food. LOL! (that girl is Denae's cousin or something. I can't remember that either.)

We also went to the outdoor flea market and got caught in the middle of a normal tropical rain that they have all the time.

Denae's sister also took us to Pearl Harbor and we were able to tour a live submarine. We did lots of other fun stuff too.... It was great times!! I can't wait to go back!!

New York City, New York: 2005
Jennifer A.
On our way!!
Also back when I was thin and tan. Jennifer had to go for business so while she was in meetings, I explored the City. Here are some pics of when we explored together. This is us at the top of the Empire State Building. Amazing!! It was a little hazy... but oh what a view!!

Here we are inside the Empire State Building practicing looking good in front of the Statue of Liberty.


There she is!! See the spec in the back ground?? Ha!! This was on our night time cruise.

We also walked the City a lot... and during our walk we ran into an on TV (at the time) reality celebrity. Momma from The Restaurant. They were closed for lunch but we did go back for dinner. It was easy to see why it closed.... The man that took this picture is actually Rocco's brother!! We asked him if he knew a good place for lunch and he took us down the street to his restaurant The Union Pacific. It reminded me of a Barbie wonderland in there. Hot pink everywhere. The lunch specials were a choice of one of three preselected three course meals. I had the soft shell crab... it was interesting. Definitely an experience!!!

We walked to Times Square & Madison Square Garden and other places I can't remember. I also took the subway at 7am to get to the Statue of Liberty tour and Ellis Island tour. That too was an experience. Lots of walking and blisters!! Good times!! (it did rain on me the last day)

Washington D.C. 2007
Courtney M.

Just arrived and ready to explore!!

No longer thin or tan. Pisser. Us and Mr. Lincoln. We visited several monuments that day.

That is the White House in the distance. Again with the rain on my trips. What is up with that?!?!

Here we are inside of the State Capital. We had a tour. That was very cool!! POW MIA

We went to the home of George Washington in Mount Vernon, Virginia. While we were there they had part of the set for National Treasure II up. See it in the background??

We walked all over the place!! And we took the metro too. There is no way I can remember everything... but Courtney has blogged about it on her Washington DC Trip Recap. She has LOTS of great details and pictures so check it out!!

So those are my traveling buddies... each of whom I have been on at least one trip with. In January ALL of my traveling buddies and I are going on a CRUISE together!!! I'm totally excited and cracking up how that all worked out. Can't wait!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would do your bangs more often....looks cute. quit being lazy!

Anonymous said...

P.S. That blonde girl is NOT my cousin! lol

Courtney said...

Excuse me, Senator, what's POW MIA?

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Teaseburger said...

Who was that blond girl then?? Why was she hanging out with us??

I am growing them out. I hate them. I hate doing them. I hate them down. sorry.

Uh yeah. We are dumb. But funny!!