Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Festivities

Last year I decided to be fun and do some holiday games and activities at work. Why, I don't know. It appears to be my legacy though... as I have been requested to do it again this year. So I am. This is my chicken scratch schedule of events: Not that you can see it. So I'll break it down.
We only have games on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday's as on Monday and Friday people are off for workshare days.
Prizes are awarded to the winners. Here are a few of the things they can chose from (God bless the $1 section at Target and the Dollar store): The tree is mine... they can't have that.
I am also coordinating the potlucks as well as the card/money/gift for our boss.
Every game below has copies ran and bundled together in their respective groups by the day they are to be played. When it's game time I page over the intercom and ring a Jingle Bell I have... you should hear the woo hoo's when I do this... it is too funny.
And yes I even get stuck decorating the stupid tree!!!

Tue. 9th
I didn't know I was going to do this. So I missed a day.


Wed. 10th:
- What's in the Cookie Jar? word match game
- Winter Holiday Word Scramble
- Snowman coloring contest begins (outline of snowman passed out)


Thur. 11th:
- Christmas Song Picture Game
- Who's Who Christmas Movie Stars
- Christmas Party Game Song Quiz 1


Tue. 16th
- Winter Holiday Word Find
- Christmas Song Lyrics
- Bible Word Scramble
*Colored Snowman entries due. Group vote for top 3 fav's to award a winner. (All entries are hung along the hall by the back offices for everyone to enjoy)


Wed. 17th
- Christmas Party Game Songs Quiz 2
- Christmas Word Scramble
- Family Trivia
*Guess how many Hershey Kisses are in the jar


Thur. 18th
- Christmas Song Scramble
- Christmas Picture Puzzle
*All employee potluck. Games to be played during potluck:
- Story told and drawn on head
- Wrap present while tied to chair. (This one is a HUGE hit!!!!!!!!!)


Tue. 23rd
- Reindeer Match Game
- Winter Holiday Message Decode Game
- Christmas Songs 3
*Also a desserty type item potluck day with just office employees. We will also be giving our boss a card and GC to a day spa in Napa.

Wed. 24th
- Cerebral Christmas Carol Match
- Everything Christmas
*we only work a half day...


(NEW YEARS GAMES NOW)
Tue. 30th
- It Was a Very Good Year
- Toy Trivia Challenge
- New Year's Luck

Wed. 31st
- Toys and Games Decade Challenge
- Happy New Year Word Scramble
*we only work a half day...

Last year I also did a stocking decorating activity... but everyone has one now so I just hung them all back up.
I crack myself up with this stuff.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

look at you go and organize things!

Teaseburger said...

I know right!! Go me!!

Mel said...

This is super cute. I wish I had enough people n my office to do stuff like that!!! That seems so funa dn Christmas Spirit-y!!!

Teaseburger said...

There is actually only 5 people playing now... last year we had more... but we still have 5 very competitive people left. Ha!! It's fun. A nice break from work!!!

Kaitlin said...

Holy cow! 4 blogs in one day! So, this whole cookie decorating thing will hopefully happen... the whole finding time to do it is what I'm trying to figure out, but I will for sure let you know.

P.s. cute layout :)