Thursday, December 18, 2008

I just want a tan!!

Several years ago I joined a fake-and-bake in Tracy. I went there on and off for a few years until I noticed that I go quite a bit so I may as well get the 6 month membership because it is cheaper. So I signed up. Four days later I went to tan and there are signs on the door that they are going bankrupt and will only be open until the end of the week. Ummm excuse me. You MUST have known this 4 days ago!!! Why in the hell would you take my money for a 6 month membership 4 days ago if you knew you were only going to be around for one more week?!?!? She was like sorry. You are S.O.L. That really ticked me off. Not only was I now out of all of that money, I was still going to be pastey white.



Months later my friend Denae tells me about the place she has gone to before. I'm like okay, I will check it out. I did and I liked it and I signed up. I was a member there (on and off again) for the next 2 years. My previous renewal was expired so I renewed on a Monday night for the next 6 months. I went back that Thursday to find signs on the door that they had gone out of business. WTF?!?!?!?! That is twice now I have renewed and within a freaking week they close!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR



So I'm pretty darn white right now and I'm not liking it. I also don't like that I will be going on a cruise in just a few days and I will probably burn if I see the sun. So I broke down and went to the last tanning salon standing in Tracy and signed up. I also told the guy that I felt sorry for them because by me signing up they are doomed to close and that I will never again pay upfront. So instead I am doing month to month so that if and when they do go out of business on me, I can just stop payment instead of being out 6 months of tanning and money. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will at least be in business until after my cruise and up until summer really. And yes I'm sure people are reading this thinking "well I guess that is a sign from God that you shouldn't induce skin cancer" and to that I say "(insert raspberry sound here)!!!"

2 comments:

Courtney said...

HAHAHAHA! insert raspberry sound here!

Wait, the cruise is in a few days?!?! I better get packing!

Anonymous said...

Ok Stacey's time is all jacked...when she says "I will be there in a few mins" or "I will be ready in a few mins" or even "I'll be done in just a min" that is AT LEAST 30 mins. Few days...could be a month...a few days ago...could have been two weeks ago. For future reference if she says "a few mins" know its 30 and if she gives you an exact time, expect her to be at least 15 mins late! and that would be on a good day! LOL