Sunday, December 28, 2008

Apple Hill 2008

My family has a tradition on the day after Thanksgiving. We all head up to Apple Hill to cut down our Christmas Tree!! It is without a doubt my favorite day of the entire year. We have been going there for about 7 years now and were very blessed to have great weather this year!!

Our first stop is in old town Folsom for breakfast at Sutter Street Grill. They have the most amazing omelette's!!!! I usually get the cheese, spinach, mushroom and avocado. Oh my.... I'm salivating just thinking about it. Johnny met up with us in time for breakfast.


My brothers oldest two kids had spent the night with us so they too were there for breakfast.

After breakfast we walk around the old town and into the antique shops. Once we are done there we head up to Apple Hill to find the perfect tree. Here goes Jack tearing through our options on his search.
Catrinia is happy to be held and take it all in.

After we find the tree we cut it down. Well, we used to cut it down... but now we just wave the guy with the chain saw over and they cut it down for us. Then it is family photo time. Here is the best of the bunch:

Letty got creative and took this pic of Johnny and I. I think it's pretty cute!

Hey when you have to go, you have to go:

My mother loves to take a picture of our backsides while we are all walking back to the car. She calls it 'The End'. Ha!!! Here is 'The End' 2008:

Logan helped Grandpa Buttons take the tree to the car. What a good helper.


After the tree is strapped down and we grab a turkey sandwich from Letty's car, we head over to old town Placerville. There is always a tree lighting ceremony as well as carolers, a live nativity scene and a stagecoach ride. This year my parents and the kids went on the stagecoach ride around the block. While they did that Johnny and I walked around and checked out all of the shops and antique stores. I guess the kids had a blast... but soon after they had a melt down and headed home.
Yes, I made him put this hat on. LOL!!

Once we have walked and seen all that we want to in Placerville we head off to dinner. We ended up at Tahoe Joes. YUM!! I had the bacon wrapped fillet and lobster. Oh yes I did!!! Then it was time to go home. Which makes me sad. I wish Apple Hill day would go on forever. Such a great day!! I'm looking forward to Apple Hill 2009!!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

Remember Jacque the Lumber Jack who cut the tree down a couple years ago...?

AHAHAHA!