Thursday, December 25, 2008

Snowman Coloring Contest

As stated in my Holiday Festivities blog, I initiated a Snowman Coloring/Creating Contest at work. Here are the entries my clever coworkers came up with:

This is by our manager Monique. You can't see it but it is entitled 'Dirty Old Snowman'... notice his jingle balls?? And the bird flying over his head is pooping on him. HAHAHAHA

By Patty. Clever use of hole punches for snow!!

By Angel.

By Anthony. I like how the crowd is above the picture and the outfits on the 'cheerleaders'.

By Toni... inspired by 'The Dark Knight' that she recently watched.

By Paul Piazza... not sure what this is supposed to be....
By Allison. Hard to see but the gloves, scarf, sled and presents are all glitter puffy paint.
By Kenny. I like how he used the scraps of the large cut outs as ornaments on his tree. Only question is how do birds fly while it is snowing... and how is the sun out at the same time... and with the sun that hot wouldn't the snowman be melting?? Maybe it is an asteroid or something. I will have to ask him.
By me. :o) I decided to do my in 3D. HA!!! The presents are actual working boxes. I used cotton balls for the snowman and snow. Paper was used for everything else.


I even braided strips of red and green paper together for the scarf.

The top hat and tree trunk were the hardest to make.
We didn't actually vote for the winner. I dubbed myself as the winner on account that myself and Piazza were the only entries in by the deadline.
All entries are posted along the hall at work... making it quite festive back there. Go me!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You just had to show them up didn't you?

Merry Christmas friend!

Anonymous said...

Sistah! I adore this little page of yours, and yeah, your snowman beat the crap out of all the other snowmen. lol. Of course, if I had made a snowman, it would have gone head to head with yours! Argh! Merry Christmas gorgeous! I'm off to make enchiladas.