Friday, January 16, 2009

Mr. Math

School has offically started. And I think my teacher must be in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the oldest teacher still teaching. He said his goal is to teach in 7 decades... he only has two years to go to reach is goal. Last semester he had his 6th heart surgery and only missed two days of class... so we have NO excuses not to be there. Great. He's one of those. We got to hear all sorts of stories about him. Which was a nice break from math... but I've determined he must be in his mid 80's. What happens if he dies during this sememster?? I'm postitive they won't refund our money or our books. Especially since I didn't buy them from the school. And I don't plan on going to MJC next semester... this old guy better make it through this semester!!!! Also, if you text in class you get an automatic zero on the next quiz. If your phone rings during class your grade will drop a half a letter. You can NOT make up or take early any quizzes, tests or homework. I told him I will be gone for two classes for the cruise and asked if there was anything I could do... and he was like well that is two of your three you can miss without your grade dropping. Too bad for you. Good grief. Thanx for working with me grandpa.

On the upside, he does present fun stories to make math relatable and he is funny. So that is good. Regardless I'm stressed. I have a lot to do to not get behind... which I already am because I haven't taken math this decade and don't remember a thing!!! I'm in trouble....

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You'll do fine. It will all come back to you.